There is no doubt that we owe Monsanto a huge expression of gratitude. Thanks to their bio-engineering genius we are now faced with a global toxic contamination of our food supply. (Do I sound facetious?) From recent reports I’ve read the genetically modified organisms (GMOs) developed by Monsanto are now finding their way into the natural environment.
Globally we are facing a major disaster as the toxins from GMOs permeate all levels of the food chain. Yet, thanks to Monsanto’s bio-engineering feats more people worldwide are waking up to the dangers that toxic chemicals create in our environment and bodies. In fact, Monsanto’s actions are resulting in a huge ‘wake up’ call for humanity.
This wake up call is long overdue. Globally we are facing food shortages not experienced before. It’s already happening, it’s not something that we can ignore or hope that someone else will take responsibility for. The solution needed to turn around the current state of toxicity in our environment and food chain requires action from every person living on the planet.
If you think that I’m being exaggerating the situation then I urge you do some serious research and you’ll soon begin to become concerned and hopefully take action to reverse the current trends.
For example, currently food shortages worldwide have resulted in price increases for staple foods of 35-40% worldwide; chemically engineered crops are not meeting demand and in many instances are not surviving due to erratic weather patterns. Initially when the concept of mono-cropping was introduced in the 1950s and 60s we were promised larger crop yields. The exact opposite has happened as GMO plants are creating soils depleted in essential minerals and trace elements that are essential for the human body’s functioning and wellbeing.
GMOs are only one source of toxicity affecting the planet and its inhabitants. A trip to the local supermarket is remarkably revealing. Just about every product – whether food, household or personal care – contains toxic chemicals. Read the labels carefully and you’ll soon see what I mean. Jack LeLane, fitness guru who lived into his mid-nineties is quoted as saying, “If it’s man made don’t eat it.” Obviously he was referring to the refined and processed foods that are stocked on supermarket shelves in vast quantities.
These links below will give you more of a sense just what is happening to our bodies as a result of continuous and ongoing exposure to toxic chemicals. There is no shortage of information on chemical toxins on the internet, though you may not find much, if any, reference to this danger to our health in the mainstream media.
The Human Energy Field
As an energy practitioner I rapidly became aware of the subtle bodies and their vital role in maintaining wellness and good health. Most people look to the physical body as the indicator of health, but in fact it’s in the subtle bodies where wellness or illness first begin. As this is such a complex topic I’m going to narrow my focus on toxic chemicals and their deleterious impact on the human energy field.
Most people acknowledge that we all have an aura – I much prefer the term ‘human energy field, but both terms are equally valid. There are many layers to this subtle energy emanation that extends beyond the physical body. Everything that happens in life impacts the energy field. This includes our thoughts, emotions and actions as well as our interactions with the environment and other people.
In my early days as a student of the human energy field I became aware of its extreme sensitivity to its surroundings. I learned about the many things that damage the energy field. When there is damage to the energy field it begins on the outer edges and over time as more damage occurs it goes deeper and deeper into the energy field until such time it reaches the physical body. It’s been widely acknowledged by many practitioners (and also doctors) that cancer develops long before it manifests in the human body. In fact, it may take 8 to 11 years before showing up physically.
Ultimately all the damage done to the energy field is caused by toxins – whether they be toxic thoughts and emotions or chemical toxins. Chemical toxins are already implicated as a possible contributor to breast cancer. It is our daily inhalation and ingestion of chemical toxins that weaken and damage the human energy field that eventually results in the possibility of chronic and even life threatening illness conditions.
Each day we are exposed to up to 80,000 toxic chemicals. The FDA in the States has not tested for the safety on humans for most of these chemicals. We live in a veritable sea of toxins that will have some long term damaging effect on health and wellbeing.
Reducing Effects of Exposure to Toxic Chemicals
It is only by taking a proactive approach that we minimize the damaging impact of these toxic chemicals. Some of the suggestions below may be self-evident but nevertheless it’s up to individuals to ensure that changes in lifestyle are adopted and maintained as exposure to toxic chemicals is an ongoing process – unfortunately!
- Eat organic foods as much as possible. If unable to afford the additional cost then at least ensure that the ‘Dirty Dozen’ (listed in my last blog “Why Organic is Best”) fruits and vegetables are organic. The Dirty Dozen are sprayed with high amounts of pesticides and herbicides.
- Read all labels carefully. Where ingredients are unpronounceable then don’t buy!
- Familiarize yourself with personal care and household products that contain dangerous and toxic chemicals, and avoid them. Take time to look for products that are more natural and organic, containing plant based ingredients.
- Make meals from scratch using natural and organic ingredients as much as possible.
- Avoid fast foods! There are healthier alternatives.
- Eat a lot of vegetables and some fruit daily. In fact, limit intake of meat products. Modern animal husbandry involves dipping animals in toxic chemicals at some stage and these chemicals then permeate into the meat that is sold to consumers.
- Undertake intermittent fasting. This means not eating for 12+ hours from time to time (preferably at least once a week) as this supports the body in its ability to assimilate and metabolize, and it also gives the liver a break from its workload.
- Drink green juices such as wheatgrass regularly. I begin each day with fresh organic juice containing lots of greens as they assist in purifying the blood.
- Take spirulina and chlorella supplements. These have been found to support the body in the removal of toxic heavy metals. Organic cilantro/coriander is also a powerful food for the elimination of toxic chemicals.
- Avoid processed foods as much as possible. Many of the processed foods sold commercially have been bleached to ensure ‘whiteness’ and cleanliness of the product. For example, while flour itself is not necessarily overly toxic to the human body the fact that it undergoes whitening with bleach means that toxins are then ingested. Dioxin is highly toxic to the human body and is a component of many bleach products.
- If you are female then use natural unbleached feminine products sold in health food stores. Commercial feminine products sold in supermarkets and chemists have been bleached with dioxin, which actually results in increased bleeding.
- Spend time outdoors daily. This assists in the removal of toxic electromagnetic frequencies that build up in the body due to constant exposure to wi-fi technology.
- Ensure your home is well ventilated. Most household products, from carpet to furnishings contain formaldehyde and other toxic ingredients.
- Use therapeutic grade essential oils as room fresheners. Avoid the chemically laden room fresheners that line the supermarket shelves.
- Use natural therapies for supporting and maintaining wellness. I use therapeutic grade essential oils but also love homeopathic essences, herbal tonics as well as eating healing foods.
These are only some suggestions for avoiding and eliminating toxic chemicals. Having awareness of the dangerous impact of toxic chemicals on the human energy field, and eventually the physical body, is only the first step. Becoming better informed and then making safer choices goes a long way to maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle.