I trust that you’re surviving the intense astrological effects that have been happening this past month or so. While I’m not into astrology per se I’m fortunate to have colleagues who are and who keep me posted. It seems that this has been a time of going deep and releasing the old issues, belief systems, values, memories, pain, etc.
Whatever has been stored within for a long time has been provided the ideal conditions astrologically for their release, providing a resultant opportunity for a great deal of healing. If you are observing turmoil and stress in the world around you then you are witnessing signs of change happening – as has been predicted by the Mayans, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce and many others.
If you doubt that change is happening globally then all you need do is look at what is happening with the weather patterns. I’m attaching a youtube link that actually shows real earth changes are occurring right now!
This week a section in one of Sydney’s daily newspapers focused on the Green Global Awards and this article listed quite a number of businesses that are leading the way in sustainability, environmental regeneration and innovation.
What really caught my eye though is an article entitled ‘Hippies Got It Right’. The article described how Nimbin, a small colorful community, that is well known for its alternative and sustainable lifestyle, finally received recognition for its focus on living sustainably, food self-sufficiency and community living. Many years ago the community recognized the need for food security. The manager of the community centre is quoted as saying:
“(Our environmental initiatives) have been seen as more of an alternative mission, but now they’re things that are seen as quite sensible.”
Examples of what this alternative community has achieved in about 40 years include: a thriving community centre, farmers’ markets, establishment of a solar farm, small to medium scale local food production and supply, environmental initiatives that result in job creation and much more.
It is interesting to note that this community, once touted as being for hippies and those who are alternative, is now cited as being a leading example to the rest of the country in terms of greening, conservation and sustainability. Maybe there is a great deal that we can all learn from alternative communities that have been established. Maybe living alternatively might even be better for our overall health and wellbeing?
Community focused living results in a shift from the ‘me’ mentality into a ‘we’ collaborative arrangement. It’s a well-known fact that when there is disaster and chaos in a country, city or region that the population works together to support those affected. Studies indicate that morale and attitude improve when there is a sense of togetherness, where there is a sense of working towards the same outcomes that benefit everyone.
It is not necessary to actually live in a community that is set up the way that Nimbin is in order to participate in community. Currently I belong to Slow Food (www.slowfood.com) which is a global community that focuses on reclaiming our traditional ways of growing, sharing and storing food produce, which in turn reduces reliance on the large multi-national food corporations, supermarket food chains etc.
There are other global, national and local communities that may just offer you an opportunity to share and contribute your expertise, and from which you may also learn and develop new skills that generate feelings of satisfaction and joy.
The intense astrological energies of the past month or so are already waning now that the equinox has just passed. From what I understand we are now moving into a phase of expansion and greater opportunities for change, a time for manifestation and dream realization.
If you experienced the intense energies of the past month or so you might now be ready to shift from going within to looking outwards at the larger picture and to creating changes you’ve long desired.
Some simple, but highly effective, strategies that support changing the energies include:
- Giving gratitude daily for all that you have, including giving gratitude for the things that you would like but are still to manifest. Remember to express gratitude as if they are already in your life!
- Spending time in silence daily – this is to enable you to hear the voice of your soul, which will then provide the guidance needed.
- Spending time in nature daily, preferably in bare feet. Allow your feet to touch the earth, to feel her strength and to feel her filling your body with strength and healing.
- Giving generously of your time to yourself first and then to others. By this I mean ensure your needs are fulfilled so that you do not feel resentment when others demand your time and attention.
- Explore options for growth and change. Find what excites you – this provides opportunity for moving in new directions, for finding peace and excitement about living during a time of significant change.
- Create a vision for the future. What are the changes and improvements you see? As you create this vision you will find that the universe supports you in making the changes needed to create your vision.
Most likely you also have your own special techniques that support you when times are tough and when you are faced with challenging changes. Use whatever strategies that work best and leave you feeling comfortable within. Remember that changes don’t always occur according to your schedule. Universal timing and planning take precedence!